Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blog Anniversary - 5 years!

While I was home on maternity leave, I would send countless emails, filled with photos of the boy.  A friend of mine hooked me on blogs and I realized I could put stories to the pictures.  And stop clogging up everyone's email.  I started this blog so family could follow the life of Alexander.
Over the years, the followers of the blog have been loyal family and friends, and I appreciate you all.

Especially when the blog breaks are lengthy and you think I'm never going to post again.

I started this blog on February 7, 2008.  FIVE YEARS AGO!  Click here to read our first post.

Wow, how the time has flown by and how our sweet little baby has grown.

In honor of this five year milestone, I'm going to start something fun.  Every Thursday, I'm going to post old photos and stories that I didn't post. 

In honor of this new plan (and realizing I can make the posts over the weekend!), here is a little here and now.
At 13 months, Alexander was a very busy little boy
One of his favorite activities involved emptying his toy box in order to climb inside of it.
At this age, however, he often couldn't climb out, would end up tipping himself over the edge, and Eric and I would howl with laughter at his stubborn antics.
 
Fast forward six years.
This very morning, I heard "uh-oh." from his playroom.
When I asked Alexander what happened, he told me he needed help getting out of his tire.
"Why are you in the tire?"
"I fell in."
"Really?  You fell in."
"No, not really,  I kinda put myself in here and now I can't get out."
 
Six years later the laughter continues.

No comments: