Thursday, February 7, 2008

And so it begins...

This is life with Alexander Wayne. Joyous. Festive. Happy.

Alright, so I should have started this blog when he was born. I thought about it. Often. I had plenty of time during naptime while I was home on maternity leave. I had all summer as well. I guess it's taken going back to work and realizing how fast he will grow up. Before I know it, he'll be in college and leaving me. Hmm. Let's just live in the present for now.

In the past year, Alexander has progressed from being completely helpless to I-want-to-do-this-all-on-my-own. I'm surprised he hasn't potty trained himself at this point. Seriously. Mr. Independent is in the house!

Milestones of the past year include (like they are any different from what other babies experience in the first year?):
First smiles at 7 weeks. Sitting up at 3 months. Solid food at 4 months. Crawling at 6 months. First teeth at 6 months. Cruising furniture at 7 months. Said "mama" before "dada" (good boy!) at 9month-ish. Took first steps at 10 months. Starting signing "eat" and "more" at 11 months. Celebrated his first birthday with many loved ones surrounding him. And is now climbing, running, and saying many words like bye-bye, kitty, ball, more, and I love you Mom. Ok, that last one is just in my head...

I'll do my best to keep this updated. Seems we can find some interesting stuff to share about the kid. And maybe ourselves too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O U T S T A N D I N G :)

LUV. ( the other grandpa)

Anonymous said...

He is adorable :) Go, independent babies!

Anonymous said...

Been waiting along time for this...he is all we wished for and more. Keep those blogs coming...