Friday, February 8, 2008

Milk and Molars


Anyone remember when their molars came in? I don't. But as I watch a teething Alexander, I am glad I don't remember. I believe there are two coming in and it is misery. Selfishly, I love that he is clingy and wants to be cuddled because that behavior is so abnormal for him. Other than that, I hate watching him suffer. I'd gladly take this pain for him.


We're transitioning from formula to milk. Probably should have done it before this point but we've never claimed to be perfect parents. We're using whole soy milk. I swear Alexander has a milk allergy; Eric and our pediatrician disagree. I'm the Mom so I win (Eric's on board but secretly, I know he thinks I'm overreacting). We are all in agreement that Alexander is allergic to peanut butter. I take fully responsibility for slipping my son pb (just a little on the tip of my finger). Hives. Itching. Projective vomiting on Mommy. A sleepless night because I was convinced he was going to go into anaphylactic shock so I made many late night visits to the crib to watch him sleeping in peace. Needless to say, there has not been a repeat of pb. We have a prescription for an epi pen and an appointment with an allergist. Food allergies do exist on the Munson side so we'll meet with the allergist to determine where this adventure leads.

3 comments:

mnmommy said...

Poor little guy. Keep following your mommy instincts--you'll never be wrong. What a beautiful family you all make. And I love your writing!

Kate said...

Better safe than sorry when it comes to allergies. You'll know better after meeting with the allergist, but until then, do what you think is best. If he's allergic to PB, chances are there are some other allergies lurking. But maybe not! Let me know how the appt goes!

Colleen and Billy said...

Wow Chelle that is scary! I agree, follow those instincts! Alex is gorgeous, just like his Mama! Welcome to the world of Blogging! :)