Sunday, February 10, 2008

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

I'm willing to bet, as a child, you knew exactly how to get to Sesame Street. My memories of Big Bird, Snuffleupagus, Oscar, Bert and Ernie are happy ones. Who didn't know how to Do the Pigeon Dance or that Oscar loved trash? Or how about waiting for the Count to reveal the number of the day? Good times. I swear every time I turned on the TV, I could find my way to Bob's Grocery and my Muppet friends. I realize now that my parents were wiser than a 5 year old and knew exactly when it was on and would point us in the right direction. Finding Sesame Street on TV now isn't near as easy. It's either on in the early hours (admittedly, Eric isn't awake enough to face Elmo) or at noon. Since I was home this week, Alexander and I watched plenty of it because let's face it...everyone should know how to get to Sesame Street.


Dancing with friends


I really like this, Mama!


A special concert with Sugarland!

(you can stop humming the theme song now)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had been known to watch countless hours of this stuff when i was a little person. still love it but we don't watch this stuff anymore for my children have outgrown it. i also was a huge fan of electric company, they had spider man! i am totally loving this alexander blog, please keep it coming.