Thursday, July 17, 2014

"It's weird, Mom."

Five minutes ago, Alexander walked up to me and this was our conversation:

Alexander:  "It's weird, Mom."
Mom:  "What's weird, Alexander?"
Alexander: "I don't know. I can't explain it."
Mom: "Use your words.  What's the "it" that is weird."
Alexander: "I don't know.  I can't find the words."
Mom: "You have the words.  Tell me what "it" is."
Alexander:  "Life is weird."
Mom: "Why do you say that?"
Alexander:  "So many people live and so many people die.  Every day."
Mom: "That is true.  And that's weird because..."
Alexander: "The flag should always be at halfmast, but then people are born so the flag goes back up."
Mom: "That's true.  We should celebrate life, and death is a part of life."
Alexander: "See, that's weird.  We can't keep the flag at halfmast all the time."
Mom: "Right.  How do we make sure we live a good life?"
Alexander: "Live a good life by playing good, be fair, and love your friends."

I love how his wacky little mind works.

No comments: