Sunday, December 12, 2010

Decorating is quite a production

Earlier this week, we decorated for the holiday season.
This is the first year Alexander decorated with me. And it was a blast. We had so much fun that Eric even stayed downstairs to document the entertainment.

First, we had to go through all the boxes and lay everything out so we knew where to begin.



We had to select which would be the first ornament hung on the tree.

Once the first ornament was on the tree (a woo-woo, in case you were wondering),

Alexander would grab another one and eagerly find a spot for it
Even if it meant pointing it out so someone taller could put it on.

Eventually, the boys' enthusiasm puttered out and I was left alone to decorate the remainder of the tree. I can proudly say I haven't moved a singly ornament placed on the tree. Sadly, we haven't taken any pictures of the final product either. At one point, Alexander asked why every ornament was a Disneyland ornament. I tried to explain that they weren't Disneyland ornaments but Disney related ornaments. Big difference.
He didn't care.
But I do.

Decorating the tree is one of my favorite traditions.
Decorating the tree with the boys has become one of my favorite memories.

No comments: