Friday, October 16, 2009

Role Reversal

Eric and I switched roles today. Eric went hunting to work this weekend so that gave me the great opportunity to revisit life as a stay at home mom! We sure had a busy day. It is no wonder Eric is tired and needs a break when I arrive home!

~we woke up at 6:30, kissed Daddy goodbye at 7, and had a load of laundry and dishes running by 8. Which reminds me...I need to move the clothes into the dryer and unload the dishwasher tonight.

~showered and headed to Little Gym, where we spent an hour walking forward AND backward on the balance beam, playing chase, and babbling with Addie.

~snack at home

~doctor appt to receive the much dreaded flu shot. Pleased to report that Alexander did not cry, responded like a champ, and one of Mommy's former student was the nurse who gave the shot. Small world, eh?

~from the doctor appt, we headed to "mama's work" to visit with Umma in the library, attend the Homecoming kick off assembly to show our Patriot pride, and danced in the aisles.

~Next, a trip to give Ho-Ho Papa a hug and kiss. At first, Alexander was a bit hesitant because Ho-Ho Papa has an owie in his tummy and we weren't really sure how to be gentle with the big bear who plays with us. But play we did and within minutes, we realized Ho-Ho Papa is fine.

~Now, we're home and cuddled on the couch.

While I'm convinced that I could do this on a daily basis, I'm very appreciative all that my husband does for us...especially, now that it is dinner time and I have to cook for myself.
Didn't quite think that part through...pizza, anyone??

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's more work being at home, for sure, but much more fun than work. :)

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lovely day!! :)

PS, your little one is SO adorable!!