Sunday, March 22, 2009

An Award?

So, uh, our blog won an award.

For those of you who didn't know, there is an endless number of blogs out there (who knew?) which one can spend hours searching for and reading during a toddler's naptime. With blogs, come these internet awards that some may say are silly but hey, I'll take an award as areward for the fruits of my labor (which ended in a csection I might add). I have found a few blogs that I faithfully follow but am a bit behind on my reading. So, with sore legs from the big half marathon walk today (YAY ME!), I decided to prop my legs up, pour a big glass of wine, and catch up on blogs. Lo and behold, Jen from A Daily Dose of Davis, has awarded our little blog a friendship award because she thinks we would be friends in real life. She is totally right. We're about the same age (she is younger). She married her Eric (he is younger too). She is a teacher (college english so she is probably more well read). She has a baby who celebrated her first birthday on my anniversary with my Eric (March 7). And she is just plain witty (and so much more creative than me!) How could we NOT be friends?
Now I am supposed to play the blogger game (I'm a rules follower so bear with me) and send this award on to eight more friends...So along with the award comes some rules...here they are...Rules do accompany this honor: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."


So I hearby pass the honor of this award to:

1. Kate @ Life As I Live It
2. Colleen @ Delaney and Mitchell
3. Jaimie @ Football Widow
4. Bonnie @ Sweet Caroline
5. Suzy @ Suzy Hoover
Several of these women we have the pleasure of knowing in real life and others are complete strangers who I would LOVE to meet. Each has a story to tell. Sometimes the stories inspire me, sadden me, or teach me a new thing about being a mom. And that is why they get this award. Congrats ladies!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Awww...thanks Chelle. :) Your friendship means the world to me and I'm blessed to have you as part of my life. xoxo

Shell said...

so sweet......not sure I deserve it since I am just now reading it. oops, havent been a very good bloggy friend lately!!!!