Monday, May 30, 2011

Little Swimmer Man

About a year ago, we started Alexander in swim lessons. After a six week session with Kinder Swimmer (thanks, Pam!), we moved over to the local pool. Since that point, Alexander has been swimming, with the exception of occasional family vacations. One of my greatest fears has always been Alexander around water. So much so, that I HATED giving him baths as a baby. Just one of those irrational Mommy fears, I guess.
After his last session, I posted here.

Anyhow, I can honestly say, all my fears have been washed away.
I am SO proud of our little swimmer man!




At the end of every session, there is a safety lesson. The kids strap on life jackets and swim alone. They jump into the deep end and swim, swim, swim.


Alexander has just about mastered P-2 and should be in P-3 by the middle of the summer. This summer, I plan to enjoy the lessons, rather than perch myself on the edge of my seat, preparing to jump in and save my kid everytime the instructor takes his eyes of my kid.

No comments: