Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break Gift

We will call him Frogger.



I suspect I am in for a lifetime of these moments.
EWWWWW!

It is the halfway mark in spring break week and I am already counting down the days until summer break (less than 50!). I could easily get used to these days at home with my boys. In fact, I haven't checked my school email, I haven't thought about going into the building, and yesterday, I actually took a book outside and read in the sunshine for 2 whole hours. We couldn't have asked for better weather for spring break. Rumor has it, the clouds are returning tomorrow but since Saturday, we have enjoyed temps over 70 degrees each day and it has been glorious!


Unfortunately, Alexander's cold came back with a vengence this week. I took him to see the doctor this morning. As luck would have it, the last bout of antibiotics wasn't quite enough as his ears are still inflamed, the cough is rattling around his chest and he is a green snot monster. But that hasn't stopped the little man from playing outside in the yard. All day long. It's no wonder that I thought he had allergies like his daddy. At one point I was laughing at Eric and Alexander yesterday afternoon when both were sneezing but neither was ready to call it a day and come inside. Clearly, everyone has missed the sunshine and need to soak in as much as that Vitamin D as we can!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I am SURROUNDED by frogs out here. I can hear them taunting me all night and day long and fear that they are planning a hostile takeover. I've also seen bunnies, a skunk, deer, hawks, eagles, and some sort of weasel creature (mink?). I think they're all out to get me.

Yes, I fear the sun is leaving us, but it's been marvelous. Hope A gets better soon!