Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick Day

Mommy is home sick today with a head cold that is finally draining into a regular cold (I can handle a regular cold; it's the sinus headaches that do me in). The boys have been terrific about letting me sleep in, lounge in my room undisturbed and just let me be sick. I've spent a good part of the morning napping and surfing the net. In my internet surf time, I have found a lot of blogs from other moms. This surfing led to the realization either I don't blog often enough or other moms have too much time on their hands and blog too much. There are some great writers out there and even better photographers who are blogging about their kids. Makes me want to do a better job with pictures but in reality, I'm just too lazy.
Being home has allowed me to spy on the boys and observe daily activities. They watch cartoons (favorites include Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, Imagination Movers, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Non favorites are The Wiggles and Winnie the Pooh). Eat breakfast. Build towers. Play with cars. Eat again. Play with Little People. Climb on couch and bounce into pillows. Kick the ball up and down the hallway. Build more towers. Play with loud crash 'em cars. Chase and tickle toddler until he screams with delight. Eric made chili. Alexander ate again. And took a bath. They took a trip in the truck to the auto store and went through a car wash. Apparently, Alexander didn't enjoy the car wash. Then they came upstairs to hang out with mommy and we danced on the bed and watched old videos of Alexander until he decided it was naptime. Boy, he sure learned to crawl and walk early...and really never stopped, now that I think about it.
Now is naptime for everyone.
And yes, I am feeling better.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sometimes all ya need is a day off.