Saturday, February 21, 2009

Early Riser

My sister swears that parents get more sleep as children gets older. What age constitutes as "older"? My kid LOVES the morning hours. Faithful blog followers have heard my lament of 5AM wake up calls in earlier posts so I'll keep the whining to a minimum (the dark circles under my eyes seem to be getting worse). Fortunately, Alexander is happy and content to spend alone time in his room so we often wake up to him singing, playing with his toys, or banging the door against the gate. He is at his best in the morning and truth be told, so am I. Once my eyes actually open.

Despite being the morning person I am, I still need my alone time, waiting for the four cups of coffee to settle in my veins. Playhouse Disney is our saving grace. Mornings are spent in front of the TV and, while I am not proud to admit it, I'd be a zombie without those cartoons.

By the way, my sister has trained her six year old to wait until 9 to wake the house up.

Brilliant.

No comments: