Saturday, January 10, 2009

16 Things (about Alexander)

My "16 Things"
Lama Mama did this on her blog about herself. I liked the idea but didn't want to make it about me (well, I did but our blog isn't about me).
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. I didn't get tagged and I don't really have 16 people to tag but maybe we have 16 readers following our blog.
  1. Alexander was born three days after his due date. Had he been born on his due date, he would share his birthday with Martin Luther King. Ten days before he was born, we had a huge snowstorm and I spent the last days of my pregnancy lounging in bed or on the couch, enjoying the time off from work because I was GINORMOUS. The day we went back to work, I was so uncomfortable that at lunch, I told Mom I was not going to work another day. Turns out I was having contractions and was right about it being my last day; Alexander was born 24 hours after that declaration.
  2. Alexander did not have a middle name for the first two days of life. Eric finally suggested Wayne (after Batman's Bruce Wayne) and I agreed only because it is also Eric's dad's middle name. Eric prefers to tell people it is after Batman and I let him because I still feel bad about yelling at him during labor.
  3. The first time I took Alexander out of the house, he was two weeks old. We went to Mika's house and Alexander pooped all over their couch and me. We didn't leave the house for another two months.
  4. We have owned two strollers because when I was brave enough to venture out of the house again, a sleep deprived me left one at the library after a walk with Grandma and it got stolen. Can you blame me for wanting to stay home with my track record thus far?
  5. We have two cats, Schmoo and Guybrush. Alexander hates Guybrush who always wants to be in on the excitement. On the other hand, Alexander loves Schmoo because Schmoo wants nothing to do with him.
  6. Alexander loves to go on walks. Sitting in a stroller with food on the tray or out of the stroller pulling you along. Unfortunately, the walks have come to a halt because his walking companion is out of state. He's been known to look for-longingly at the stroller and say, "baa" and "neigh".
  7. Alexander sleeps 12 hours a night and will take one long 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Sometimes, he will nap for 4 hours. We love those days.
  8. Alexander is a binky and blankie boy. Binkies and blankies are not forever but they are definitely for now. His white WSU blanket is looking more and more like true Cougar colors - Crimson and Grey. It's hard to keep a blanket white when you can't get it away from a two year old long enough to wash it.
  9. With the exception of taking a bath and washing his hands (OCD anyone?), Alexander hates partaking in hygiene events. Brushing teeth brings screams of terror. Cutting finger and toe nails makes doing the cats claws seem easy. And cutting hair? Forget about it.
  10. Alexander eats the same basic foods on a rotating basis. Right now, he is refusing just about everything so meal times are fascinating events.
  11. Alexander loves to sit in the bathroom and watch people go potty. If you are a visitor and he does this with you, having climbed through the cat door after you; we apologize in advance.
  12. Alexander does not enjoy having his picture taken and will run from a camera if he notices it pointing at him. However, he will spend time looking at his pictures on the computer or talking to himself in the mirror.
  13. Either he's understanding more words or we're terrible parents who let him watch too much TV, but Alexander has recently taken to talking to the TV during interactive cartoons like Little Einstein and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He gets so excited when they talk back to him!
  14. When Alexander gets the hiccups, he thinks you gave them to him and will ask for "more" after each hiccup occurs.
  15. Whenever you ask Alexander if he is tall enough to go to Disneyland, his response is, "yea, yea" and he immediately runs to the wall where we have his growth chart so we can check his progress.
  16. Alexander turns two in one week. Damn, how time flies.

No comments: