Saturday, March 26, 2011

You want to what?

One thing I love about Alex is his independence. He likes sleeping in his own bed. He has only slept with us twice when his nightlight wasn't working when the power has gone out. So tonight when I jokingly asked him, "Do you want to sleep with us?" and he replied, "What time are Big Papa and Umma picking me up tomorrow?" I didn't quite get his logic but replied with, "Nine, why?" he looked at mommy and myself then exclaimed with four year old exuberance, "I better go get my blankies and pillows so I can sleep with you guys. Oh oh oh! And my binkie. I need my binkie!"

We both looked at each other, mommy then said, "You do realize this is a special event, you don't get to sleep with us every night."

He quickly agreed. While I tried to figure out what was going on. Then it hit me. "You want to sleep with us so you can see the clock Alex?"

He looked at me with his cutest and most serious look, "Yea."

Needless to say, after mommy fell asleep and him asking her what time it was for the 15th time, I asked him if he wanted to go back to his bedroom if I woke him up in time for Umma and Papa, he quickly agreed.

Lucky for mommy she will only have to deal with Guybrush's and my snoring tonight.

No comments: