Monday, December 14, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

One of Eric's amazing talents and not-used-near-enough-in-our-son's-childhood hobbies is photography. The man can take pictures. He has snapped beautiful photographs at friends weddings. Gorgeous landscaping and scenery photos that hang on the walls of our home. But, like I said, he hasn't taken near enough of Alexander (blames it on too much equipment to lug around, ,moving target, blah, blah, blah). So I settle with photos taken with my point and shoot. I wish I was better at photography. I wish I was better with photoshop. Heck, I wish I was better at convincing Alexander to sit still for photos. But, for now, I'll settle for capturing the moment.

It seems as though our young son is striving to follow in his father's footsteps in more ways than one. He picked up my camera tonight and a photo monster was born! He must have spent an hour, saying "cheese" and clicking away. When we looked through the 80+ photos*, it was clear that a three year old views the world much differently than his parents...

*no pictures have been photoshoped since Alexander's assistant really doesn't know how to use the program.(Our Christmas stockings hang on the wall because we don't have a mantle.
Despite the lack of a fireplace, Santa hasn't let us down yet.
)

They say a mother's love is blind and clearly, I'm not photography expert...but I think the kid did a pretty good job!

No comments: