Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Presents were wrapped. Food was ready. Bring on CHRISTMAS!
All we needed was one last picture in front of our tree before heading to Grandma Great's house.



Well, we tried.
Merry Christmas Eve!!

This year, the group was smaller than ever at Grandma's house so Jodie and I grabbed a photo opportunity with our lovely grandmother, early in the evening.

From the noise level, you sure wouldn't have known there were less bodies in the house. We missed Steve, Candy, and Beth and her family but thought of them often throughout the night.

Lorelli and Alexander helped Grandma Great with the last of the ornaments before they set themselves into play mode.

I love that she always leaves a few out for them to hang up on Christmas Eve.

Once that job was over, Alexander settled in to play with the wooden trains.
which are his favorite things to play with at Grandma Great's house. I lost count of the number of laps he made around the pool table that night.

Lorelli and Auntie painted our nails.
She loves helping me to be more girlie.


I like how it looks!

Marigold the Princess and her Grammy (the Queen) spent their time reading a book.
I think that is the court jester hanging on the back of the couch.


The kids worked in their new coloring books, compliments of Umma.

And we killed some time snapping goofy pictures of ourselves.




It was about this time that I set down my camera and couldn't find it for another few hours. I am blaming those several hours of a missing camera for the reason as to why we didn't get a family photo this year.

After dinner, I went on a camera hunting mission, though, because it was time for stockings and presents. This is where the true chaos and fun of Christmas begins!

Alexander and Papa work out who will receive the first gift of Christmas!


Opening his first gift of Christmas.

I love how happy Jodie is in this picture!

Naturally, the two of them need a picture together, right?


Look at me in Papa's pajamas. I don't think they fit me, Mama!

Before long, we moved our chaos to the back room for the big tree and white elephant exchange.


Hopefully Sadly, this looks to be the last year of the white elephant exchange. It seems to have lost its luster so next year, we may be back to drawing names - a good ol' fashion Christmas tradition.

Alexander gets right to work on his presents.

Our family was very spoiled on Christmas Eve.

But it was Eric who scored the best gift of the night.

Snuggie Pajamas. With a hood.
Best. Gift. Ever.

Don't you agree?

No comments: