Friday, September 19, 2008

Thank you, Melinda!

My wonderful, dearest, bestest friend babysat Alexander for us tonight. This is a milestone and worthy of posting because she is the first non-family member to watch him and I didn't think that would happen until the kid was in high school. Granted, we aren't exactly party people these days so we were only gone 2 hours. But that wasn't because we didn't trust her to do a good job; it's simply because I started falling asleep at the restaurant.

When Melinda and I first met (over 20 years ago!), she was the first non-family member that had permission to drive me in her car. (I was a lowly freshman and she was the cool junior with the car - that awesome brown Honda something). I'm sure watching Alexander tonight was similar to the same pressure she felt from my dad about driving around "his precious cargo".

Melinda got a baby fix, Alexander adored her, and we had a nice night out. Overall, I think it was a win-win situation for everyone.

Thanks Melinda!! XOXO

1 comment:

Kate said...

Way to go guys! Good for you for getting out, and you know, Melinda IS basically family so it wasn't that much of a stretch to have her watch Alex. :)