Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sign language

I think every mommy and daddy should at least try learning a few signs because it is so much easier for everyone now that I can talk! Mommy has been signing with me since I was a baby and I love talking back. I can sign "hi", "bye", eat", "binky", "sleep", "more", "done", and I mastered "please" this week. And I'm really good at pointing at what I want or where I want to go. Mommy probably won't teach me all the words but definitely the words that I need for every day communication.

Try signing with me and see what I say!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Another great website is signwithme.com. It gives demonstrations on how to properly do the signs. It worked for us!

Troop 220 said...

We believe in signing with our kids also. It has helped us know what our children need and want at an early age. We used Signing Time! It is a great DVD series geared toward babies and children. Signing Time! is fun, engaging and full of music. Check them out at www.signingtime.com

Shell said...

Teagan is doing great with signing! (more is her favorite sign!;) ) Thanks for the website. We use just the basics too, but I have noticed she is wanting to learn more words. She does "thank you" like a pro and says the words with it. She also just learned "please" this week. She learned "baby" and loves to point to pics of babies and sign it. Love it!!! Wish we could get Alexander and Teagan together, what a conversation that would be!!!!

Linda! said...

Signing is fun - and helps with potty training, too! You may want to check out the short video clips on www.pottytrainwithbabysigns.com.
-Linda Easton
Baby Signs, Inc.