Friday, March 14, 2008

BIG BIG messes

We have had some water leaking down our driveway; today, it got a bit worse. When Daddy went downstairs with Papa to show him the work he did on the furnace, he noticed some water also streaming into the basement. Daddy debated with Papa about calling the water district.

So Daddy tells Grandma and Grandpa, "I bet the water people are here within 30 minutes of my calling them". 29 minutes and 30 seconds later (I'm not sure you can get pizza that fast anymore), Daddy noticed a truck in the driveway. He went outside and talked to the nice lady who was checking if it was a water leak. It was. And fortunately it was on the water company's side. We soon heard an army of trucks pull up to the house.
Daddy and Papa went outside to see what they were doing while Grandma played with me for an hour. After an hour, I was tired and got put down for a nap. (She didn't check my diaper 30 minutes into my settling down...silly grandma...so I never fell asleep, but I talked to my full diaper for a good 45 minutes).

Once daddy took me out of the crib, he told me about a BIG BIG truck that was stuck in our driveway.

Then a BIG BIG BIG BIG tow truck came...

Here's a movie of it pulling the truck out of our driveway. Even if you don't see a picture, press play.



Daddy took me outside and back inside, outside and back inside the house for the next hour. Daddy kept taking me back inside because my hands were getting cold, but I kept telling him I wanted to see the stuff happening outside. Luckily he's a good daddy and listens to me. They had dug a big ditch in our front yard.

Because it filled up with water so fast they had to bring the pumper truck. The guy made me stand back as it can send rocks flying, but it was like a giant vacuum. And let me tell you something. I LOVE VACUUMS. I made Daddy take another movie. They sucked 1,000 gallons of dirt and water from the hole.




Mommy came home thirty minutes later and wouldn't let me stay out anymore, even though Daddy had me in a hat and coat. By 6 o'clock we had running water again.


The End.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, you've had a very busy day Alex! It's hard to be a supervisor and stay warm at the same time, huh? Glad everything's in working order again.

Shell said...

That is quite an exciting day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow.....You have some of the most interesting days...What a grand time you must have had with Daddy, Grandma and Papa.....Love your hats. PS. Tell your Mommy and Daddy that both your Grandma and I love your Blog ...almost as much as we love you. Grandpa :)