Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Adventure

As Alexander grows up, it becomes easier to travel with him. Our combined clothing fits in the same bag. He is potty trained so we only need pull ups for the evenings. We have an inflatable kid bed which he loves so we don't ever have to share the bed. And we know lots of songs to sing on a drive (not to mention my iPod with movies on it).
This past weekend, I had a leadership camp fall planning meeting on the east side of the state. Since one of my friends has a teen daughter who has been waiting to babysit Alexander, I figured here was her chance.
After the early morning soccer game, we quickly changed our clothes, packed our bags, gassed up the truck and headed out on the road.

ROAD TRIP!!

It took us two hours to drive to our destination. Fortunately, there was little traffic on the road. And the landscape was breathtaking as we drove over the pass and through the canyon with all the leaves showing their fall colors on a gorgeous sunny day.

Once we made it to our destination, we spent a few more hours in the high school gym, watching some girls we knew play volleyball in a tournament. Alexander was a good sport, who transformed the bleachers into his railroad tracks and charmed the spectators.
Finally, on Sunday, Alexander spent the day with Lauren while I was in the meeting. Unfortunately, my camera died right after this picture. In this photo, she was on the phone calling her friends over because Alexander was so cute and she wanted to show him off. They came over and he soon had them under his charm. The big kids played at the park and put together puzzles and my son didn't miss me for one minute.
I'm already working on the plans for another weekend adventure.
During the spring months, of course. Everyone knows I don't do cold!

No comments: