Monday, May 24, 2010

And the award goes to...

Alexander: "You stay home with me all day and all night now, Mommy?"

Mommy: "No, honey. Mommy has 16 days of school until summer and then she will be home all day with you." *the days change as we count them down together*

Alexander: "But it is taking FOREBER. Summer is NEBER going to be here".

Mommy: "I know it seems like forever".

Alexander: "I don't like it, Mommy."

Mommy: "I know, honey. It makes Mommy sad, too."

Alexander sighs. "I'm more sad than you, Mommy. I guess I'll play with Daddy and Umma AGAIN today." Looks at Mommy with emotional manipulation in his eyes.

Mommy: "Yes, and you'll have fun."

Alexander: "But I'll miss you all day long." Starts to cry, as if directed from Martin Scorsese (or Uncle Patrick).

Give that kid an Oscar.

No comments: